Length 25 m
Shallow End 1m
Deep End 2.7m
Here at our Wimbledon College pool we hold lessons for children aged 3 years upwards, we have a maximum of 6 children per teacher and 7 children from Beg + onwards, then 8 from Int & Imp with helpers in the water to help assist the teachers with the most pupils in the class.
Our lessons are split into 6 different levels and are all separated using a different coloured hat for each.
We complete a badge scheme which is enforced by the ASA and STA governing bodies for Swimming, here is a brief breakdown of what needs to be achieved in each level.
SS-NOVICE (WHITE CAPS)
• For children ages 3 years upwards looking to gain confidence in the water.
• Backpacks provided by us and need to be worn until child can swim without.
• Aiming to swim between 3-5 meters without any flotation being used/worn before moving to the next level.
SS-BEGINNER (RED CAPS)
For children who can swim between 3-5 meters unaided.
Aiming to swim 10 meters Front Crawl using an arm over action.
Aiming to swim 10 Meters Back Crawl.
SS ADVANCED BEGINNER (ORANGE CAPS)
• For children who can swim 10 meters on their Front and 5 meters on their Back.
• Aiming to swim 25 meters Front Crawl showing correct breathing to the side technique and showing arms over.
• Aiming to swim 25 meters Back Stroke using a straight arm action with the thumb coming out the water first and little finger re-entering the water first.
SS-BEGINNER+ (YELLOW CAPS)
• Breaststroke is introduced at this level.
• Working on stamina and more advanced techniques.
• Aiming to swim between 100-200 meters showing a good technique in Front, Back and Breaststroke.
SS-INTERMEDIATE/IMPROVER (GREEN/BLUE CAPS)
• Swimming lengths building stamina and working on advanced techniques in all strokes.
• Butterfly is introduced.
• Aiming to swim between 200-1000 meters with a precise swimming technique on all four strokes.
• Building up for competition Swimming.
• Learning starts and turns for each stroke.
• I hour swimming to build up more stamina
• Time trials on each stroke for 25 and 50m swims.